From 700,000 to 1 million patients suffer a fall in U.S. hospitals each year. At least 30% of falls result in injury and 1% in death. Payers no longer reimburse the added costs of treating fall injuries. Litigation following hospital falls is growing in frequency and settlement size. And falls have a serious impact on patient satisfaction and a hospital’s reputation.
The AvaSys® TeleSitter® Solution allows a single trained observer to monitor multiple patients simultaneously via video and intervene via two-way audio in time to prevent falls and other self-injury. AvaSys also helps prevent elopement and allows hospitals to observe patients in holding areas; protects staff from violent patients; and facilitates additional check-ins and virtual rounds. Reliable and affordable, AvaSys is easily adapted into today’s nursing practice environment.REQUEST A CUSTOM DEMO
See how Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Ill., is using AvaSys to improve patient safety, reduce sitter costs and prevent elopements.
THE ONLY FALL PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY …
… Implemented and Supported by Experienced RNs
The AvaSys program joins cutting edge technology with empirically proven clinical education and implementation support that doesn’t end at deployment. Our team of nurses stays involved to ensure hospitals make the highest and best use of the system.
… With Evidence-based Outcomes
- Tenet Healthcare’s Rehab Institute of Michigan: 74% reduction in the fall rate and 70% reduction in sitter costs in just one quarter on a high risk neuro unit
- HCA St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, Texas: Zero falls with injury in patients under video observation since June 2014
- University of California San Diego Health System: Sitter costs reduced by more than 60%
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Schenectady, N.Y.: Neuro-Rehab Institute had zero falls in first full month of AvaSys – down from 10-12 falls per month
- Rockford (Ill.) Memorial Hospital: Falls reduced by nearly 50% and sitter costs by 60% from 2013 to 2014
New White Paper
Read our updated and expanded white paper, which examines the clinical, regulatory and legal risks for healthcare providers from falls; how traditional solutions such as sitters, bed alarms, rounding and signage have failed to make a serious impact on fall rates; and how hospitals are using AvaSys to prevent falls.DOWNLOAD NOW
AvaSys is a remote patient observation and communication platform that enables continuous visual and audio monitoring of patients. Though it was developed to address the intractable problem of patient falls, my 50 years of experience as a nurse suggest that…Read More
The most effective means to provide around-the-clock care for an acutely ill patient is deploying a multidisciplinary team of caregivers. Physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and case managers each provide valuable information based on their assessments and interactions…Read More