AvaSys Symposium: Why Attend?
Our premier national event in patient safety, the AvaSys Symposium will feature nationally known healthcare quality experts Richard Carmona, the 17th U.S. Surgeon General; Robert Wachter, MD, the founding father of the hospitalist movement; and Pat Quigley, PhD, MPH, author and speaker on patient falls. Also on hand will be Ridley Barron, author and patient safety evangelist.
- Opportunity to network with other healthcare professionals and AvaSys users from across the country
- Discover a technology to help prevent falls, elopement, self-injury and assaults in hospital systems
- Understand the business case for video monitoring
- Listen to breakout sessions with real client experiences of enhanced patient experienced, improved population health, lower costs and a better work life for healthcare
THE ONLY FALL PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY …
… Implemented and Supported by Experienced RNs
The AvaSys program joins cutting edge technology with empirically proven clinical education and implementation support that doesn’t end at deployment. Our team of nurses stays involved to ensure hospitals make the highest and best use of the system.
… With Evidence-based Outcomes
- HCA St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, Texas: Zero falls with injury in patients under video observation since June 2014
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Schenectady, N.Y.: Neuro-Rehab Institute had zero falls in first full month of AvaSys – down from 10-12 falls per month
- Rockford (Ill.) Memorial Hospital: Falls reduced by nearly 50% and sitter costs by 60% from 2013 to 2014
Concord Hospital in New Hampshire has developed a unique AvaSys position, a hybrid of video and telemetry monitoring with a “flier” role linking the central observation station to the medical units. The goal is to create a tight-knit team trained…Read More
Over the years, I have observed a direct correlation between the level of success an AvaSys TeleSitter program achieves within an institution and the degree of leadership support for the program. It is not a surprise that this correlation exists.…Read More
It was a pleasure to spend the day in Boston Sept. 18 learning from Brigham and Women’s Continuous Virtual Monitoring team, which hosted a daylong conference entitled, “Using Virtual Monitors to Enhance Safety and Reduce Falls in Hospitals.” The team…Read More
AvaTalk recently interviewed Patricia Quigley, PhD, MPH, ARNP, Associate Director, VISN 8 Patient Safety Center of Inquiry in the Department of Veterans Affairs. She is nationally known for clinical research, publications and presentations on patient safety, particularly in fall prevention.…Read More