We are Seeking…
An experienced Electrical Hardware Engineer to join our Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will be someone that thrives in a small organization and working within a small team environment. The Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the requirements, design, verification and manufacturability of Electronics used in AvaSure products. This position requires a strong engineering background with experience in all phases of the product – from initial concept to sustainable manufacturing.
• Develop Creative Solutions to Achieve a Successful Product Design.
• Participates on the product design team through design reviews and regular meetings.
• Ensures that the electrical content is correctly integrated in the total design and meets design objectives.
• Create and Maintain Electrical Schematics, Drawings and Bill of Material.
• Create and Maintain DVP&R Documentation for new and existing product.
• Perform and Supervise Validation Testing of Electrical Designs.
• Create and Maintain DMFEA Documentation.
• Perform failure analysis, troubleshooting of electrical components.
• Creative and Innovative.
• Focused on Quality.
• Positive and High Energy.
• Skilled at Planning and Meeting Deadlines.
• Detailed and Consistent.
• BSEE or higher degree required.
• 2-3 years or more of design experience in electronics industry.
• Experience with electrical schematic design for electronics.
• Experience with printed circuit board layout design.
• Experience with engineering process documentation: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, Engineering Report writing.
• Experience with laboratory test equipment: Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer.
• Experience with regulatory (FCC) requirements and UL / IEC product standards.
• Experience with compliance and performance testing (Environmental, Durability, Electromagnetic Compatibility)
• Experience with Cadence ORCAD / Allegro or similar electronics CAD platform.
• Experience with Circuit Simulation (PSPICE)
• Statistical Process Control Experience.
• Wireless Design (Radio, Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee) Experience.
• Experience with basic electronics manufacturing and prototyping.
• MathCAD or similar mathematics software experience.
• Strong troubleshooting / failure analysis / root cause skills (Kepner Tregoe Problem Solving method or similar)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AvaSure we believe that different perspectives and backgrounds make us a stronger and more nimble company. We want to surround ourselves with the brightest and best for each of our positions. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We give equal consideration to all applicants when filling positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, genetic information, marital status, and/or any other status not related to an applicant’s ability to perform the job duties. All employment practices will be carried out in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
We will also fully comply with regulations and requirements set out by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA). We will not discriminate against applicants or other individuals with real or perceived disabilities. When needed, we will provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified candidates so that they are able to perform the essential functions of the position.