In this role, you will perform assembly of electronic and mechanical components by following build sheets to meet specifications. Will test assemblies as they are completed and perform final assembly on all components.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
The roles outlined for this position are intended to support the culture, mission, vision and goals of AvaSure and to provide opportunity for growth and professional development.
Responsible for creating engaging visual content across a variety of delivery platforms and through the use of applicable programs and technology.
- Develops concepts and executes work for all graphic design needs including but not limited to, promotional materials, branding, business documentation, and website
- Works with stakeholders across the organization to determine needs and priorities
- Builds and manages relationships with external vendors to ensure excellent service
- Manages other graphic design and visual needs as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivation and direction
- Willingness to take on projects with little direction
- Comfort working with a wide range of graphic design software
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated capabilities via a portfolio. Please provide a working link to portfolio
- Position is located at AvaSure headquarters
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Previous experience in HL7 integration projects as well as software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Python, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
AvaSure, LLC is a market leader in TeleSitter™ patient monitoring solutions. Headquartered in Belmont, MI, AvaSure implements the AvaSys solution across the nation.
Our Technical Support Technicians are essential to our 24-7 help desk support of our customers. As a Technical Support Technician you’ll be working with our AvaSure customers on hardware and software issues and providing outstanding customer service. We’re currently looking to fill positions for all shifts days and weekends.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related software and hardware.
- Respond to queries over the phone.
- Document customer data in client database.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Ability to communicate exceptionally over phone and email with customers and co-workers
- Self-direction and ability to work alone
- Ability to understand, diagnose and repair computer and software issues
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work on-site at our Belmont, Michigan office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in a related field or 3 years directly applicable experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Help Desk: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Support: 1 year
AvaSure, LLC is a market leader in TeleSitter™ patient monitoring solutions. Headquartered in Belmont, MI, AvaSure implements the AvaSys solution across the nation. The Traveling Nurse Educator position is responsible for the onsite training of hospital clinical staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Traveling Nurse Educator (done in Hospitals)
- Educate hospital staff in detailed use of the AvaSys SmartClient
- Educate hospital staff in day-to-day operations of AvaSys TeleSitter™ Program
- Assist in development and assembly of training materials
- Work with clinicians in hospital to help facilitate successful program implementation
- Train Clinical staff in the use of the AvaSys SmartClient
- Train the facilities leadership staff in the use of the AvaSys Program and Day to Day Clinical Procedures
- Train the facilities clinical staff and ancillary staff in the use of the AvaSys Program and Day to Day Clinical Procedures
- Support new AvaSys Monitor Techs during practice time and Go Live of Program
- Support Hospital clinical staff during practice time and Go Live of Program
- Participate in follow up calls and meetings at the AvaSure office pre and post training
- Help maintain documentation database for each customer
- Follow project implementation checklists for each project
- Work with team to develop any new, or changes to existing, instructions
- There is travel associated with this position, both by car and plane
- Travel will occur Monday through Friday, no weekends
- Travel will be 3/4 weeks of each month
- Schedule while traveling may not be traditional 8am – 5pm, may involve some off shift work
- Travel is nationwide
- Registered Nurse with Inpatient Clinical Experience
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple groups of people to attain and organize information
- Technical aptitude to learn our products and what follow-up questions to ask of customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Experience delivering training or education presentations
- Minimum 2 years hospital experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Inpatient Clinician: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Working at Avasure has been so exciting and each day brings a new set of challenges. As healthcare continues to evolve, it’s great to be part of a team that adapts through adversity as AvaSys continues to grow. At the same time we are providing solutions that help reduce costs to hospitals and prevent patient falls, while keeping our customer service a top priority.
Working for AvaSure combines my love of nursing and technology. I have seen AvaSys in action, and am amazed at how well it works.
Michael Dell said, “Our business is about technology, yes, but it’s also about operations and customer relationships.” Steve Jobs said, “It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people!” As a nurse I want to better lives and healthcare. Where can you find a better way to do that than with technology to help keep loved ones safe, improve healthcare jobs and improve healthcare facilities all at the same time?
I love working for AvaSure because they genuinely care about their employees. We’re not just people at a job — we are an amazing team and every member plays a key role in making the AvaSys System what it is today.
I am fortunate to be able to meet my personal goal of doing meaningful work and knowing that it is actually making a real difference in peoples’ lives. AvaSure’s supportive and collaborative culture encourages quality work and customized service which reaches far beyond customer expectations.