In this role, you will perform assembly of electronic and mechanical components by following build sheets to meet specifications. Will test assemblies as they are completed and perform final assembly on all components.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
AvaSure is looking for interns who want to be part of one of the fastest growing and innovative health technology companies in the country. Our engineering team is always working to keep AvaSure on the forefront of our industry – small and mighty teams tackling large and complex challenges. The engineering intern will work alongside our engineers on projects that you’ll be proud you were a part of and know that you contributed to the well-being and safety of others.
- Live for coding, lot of coding in .NET and Java
- Unit test coding to ensure our products are customer ready
- Internalization of software so we can provide patient safety to everyone
- Supporting the Software Engineering team on projects that are on the front end of technology
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program
- Experience in C++, Java or C#
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities are continuously shifting
- High levels of creative and quick problem solving skills
- Desire to learn, ask questions and develop new skills and take on new challenges
The roles outlined for this position are intended to support the culture, mission, vision and goals of AvaSure and to provide opportunity for growth and professional development.
Responsible for providing leadership and direction to technical support technicians who assist external customers with technical customer service issues in a 24/7/365 environment. Will focus on employee productivity, service quality and engagement to ensure support standards are met and exceeded. Will work with support technicians to build operational and technical expertise. Will serve as technical leadership as needed in resolving escalated customer issues. Documents, tracks and monitors customer issues to ensure timely resolutions and to make recommendations to cross functional leadership.
- Directly supervises and leads support technicians and is responsible for ensuing satisfactory work output and satisfactory resolution of concerns
- Contribute to the improvement of technical support by actively engaging with customers and handling escalated issues
- Manages personnel needs including but not limited to; scheduling, training, timecards, performance reviews and management, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure effective support through use of ticketing and other systems
- Gathers and organizes monthly support metrics
- Ensures that department knowledge base is kept current and maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Comfort with engaging internal and external customers in a consultative manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to create and maintain positive customer relationships
- Strategic thinking and implementation
- Understanding of data and an ability to explain reports
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Self-motivation and direction
Experience and Requirements
- 3 plus years of technical support help desk experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience with networking installations, active directory, servers and wireless applications
AvaSure, LLC is a market leader in TeleSitter™ patient monitoring solutions. Headquartered in Belmont, MI, AvaSure implements the AvaSys solution across the nation. The Traveling Nurse Educator position is responsible for the onsite training of hospital clinical staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Traveling Nurse Educator (done in Hospitals)
- Educate hospital staff in detailed use of the AvaSys SmartClient
- Educate hospital staff in day-to-day operations of AvaSys TeleSitter™ Program
- Assist in development and assembly of training materials
- Work with clinicians in hospital to help facilitate successful program implementation
- Train Clinical staff in the use of the AvaSys SmartClient
- Train the facilities leadership staff in the use of the AvaSys Program and Day to Day Clinical Procedures
- Train the facilities clinical staff and ancillary staff in the use of the AvaSys Program and Day to Day Clinical Procedures
- Support new AvaSys Monitor Techs during practice time and Go Live of Program
- Support Hospital clinical staff during practice time and Go Live of Program
- Participate in follow up calls and meetings at the AvaSure office pre and post training
- Help maintain documentation database for each customer
- Follow project implementation checklists for each project
- Work with team to develop any new, or changes to existing, instructions
- There is travel associated with this position, both by car and plane
- Travel will occur Monday through Friday, no weekends
- Travel will be 3/4 time of each month
- Schedule while traveling may not be traditional 8am – 5pm, may involve some off shift work
- Registered Nurse with Inpatient Clinical Experience
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple groups of people to attain and organize information
- Technical aptitude to learn our products and what follow-up questions to ask of customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Experience delivering training or education presentations
- Minimum 2 years hospital experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Inpatient Clinician: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Working at Avasure has been so exciting and each day brings a new set of challenges. As healthcare continues to evolve, it’s great to be part of a team that adapts through adversity as AvaSys continues to grow. At the same time we are providing solutions that help reduce costs to hospitals and prevent patient falls, while keeping our customer service a top priority.
Working for AvaSure combines my love of nursing and technology. I have seen AvaSys in action, and am amazed at how well it works.
Michael Dell said, “Our business is about technology, yes, but it’s also about operations and customer relationships.” Steve Jobs said, “It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people!” As a nurse I want to better lives and healthcare. Where can you find a better way to do that than with technology to help keep loved ones safe, improve healthcare jobs and improve healthcare facilities all at the same time?
I love working for AvaSure because they genuinely care about their employees. We’re not just people at a job — we are an amazing team and every member plays a key role in making the AvaSys System what it is today.
I am fortunate to be able to meet my personal goal of doing meaningful work and knowing that it is actually making a real difference in peoples’ lives. AvaSure’s supportive and collaborative culture encourages quality work and customized service which reaches far beyond customer expectations.