AvaSure is an innovative company focused on helping our customers actively monitor and protect their processes, assets and people. Our people are essential to this mission and each one plays an invaluable role in our continued growth and success.
The roles outlined for this position are intended to support the culture, mission, vision and goals of AvaSure and to provide opportunity for growth and professional development.
Creates and maintains CAD models and drawing tasks as required in a standard draft format. Will ensure the best possible material and finishing technologies using CMF design strategies. Creates drawings used to communicate dimensions, finish and quality to component suppliers. As well as contribute in design reviews, bill of material reviews, and manufacturing reviews and maintaining a library of CAD models.
- Creating 3D Modeling by Using Solid Works CAD software- including surfacing.
- Handling large assembly CAD designs.
- Comfortable using Solidworks Vault for file security.
- Using rapid prototyping technology to quickly fabricate a scale model using 3D printing, Direct Metal Laser Sintering, and 2D routing.
- Using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance methods to speed up design and increase productivity.
- Performing CAD designing processes using Injection Molding, Extrusion, Die-Casting, Thermoforming, and Sheet Metal Manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 Year Mechanical Design Degree or higher required.
- 5 years of relevant mechanical CAD design experience.
- Design for manufacturability experience.
- Mechanical Engineering Experience.
- Experience / Training in Printed Circuit Board Design / Layout with OrCAD / Allegro a plus – but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to sit for the majority of the work day with periodic walking and/or standing
- Must be able to work in an office environment within a small team environment.
AvaSure values and encourages diversity. AvaSure offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.