The roles outlined for this position are intended to support the culture, mission, vision and goals of AvaSure and to provide opportunity for growth and professional development.
· Participate in product development, including collaboration with systems engineers and hardware engineers to design, develop and test software, and embedded system software.
· Must be proficient in two or more software development languages (preferably C# and C/C++).
· Knowledge of Mobile Application Development
· Experience programming for Windows and Linux targets (32-bit and 64-bit).
· Ability to use various software tools on workstations in typical software development environments.
· Understanding of basic software principals, theories and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process) and object oriented analysis, design and programming.
· Able to complete tasks with minimal managerial input
· Competent enough to understand his/her own limits and be comfortable asking for assistance when needed
· Support Production for Software Modifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or Equivalent Degree
· 3-5 years of experience in software development
· Experience with WiFi products
· Experience with Bluetooth products
· Experience with audio products
· Experience with video products
· Experience with Graphical User Interfaces
· Experience with embedded processors
· Experience in the Medical Electronics Industry
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Must be able to sit for the majority of the work day with periodic walking and/or standing
· Must be able to work in an office environment
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assisting in completing pre-project checklists to gather customer/project information needed before going onsite
– Work within the framework of each hospital to effectively install the solution in their environment
– Communicate on-site with customer representative / IT
– Troubleshoot issues onsite as needed
– When not deploying, be a member of the support team
– Request training if needed
– Maintain documentation database for each customer
– Maintain and follow project implementation checklists for each project
– Work with team to develop any new, or changes to existing, instructions
– Out in the field doing deployments involving overnight, out of state travel during workweek 50-75%.
– Majority of projects are deployed Mon-Fri. Home on weekends
– Strong written and verbal skills
– Ability to work with multiple groups of people to attain information
– Technical aptitude with computers/servers in a Windows environment
– A+/Network+ certification a plus
Our Technical Support Technicians are essential to our 24-7 support of our customers. As a Technical Support Technician, you’ll be working with our AvaSure customers on hardware, software and network issues to provide outstanding customer service.
This opening is a full time position for our Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist – 2nd Shift Weekdays
- Provide first level technical support to current AvaSure customers in utilizing the system
- Follow company standards and procedures to troubleshoot problems
- Provide technical support for company installation staff while they are out in the field
- Assist with the creation of FAQ’s and knowledge base articles for the technical group and customers.
- Providing advice and knowledge to support team for network troubleshooting at customer sites
- Respond to queries and can effectively resolve technical issues over the phone.
- Document customer data in client database.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions, formulate actions and effectively communicate with customers to determine nature of problem.
- Guide customer through problem-solving processes.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Thrive in a technical support team environment which creates an excellent customer experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate exceptionally over phone and email with customers and co-workers
- Self-direction and ability to work independently
- CISCO Network Certification, CompTIA A+ certification is preferred
- Ability to understand, diagnose and repair computer and software issues
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work on-site at our Belmont, Michigan office.
- Ability to work various assigned shifts and cover some holidays as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Required experience: Help Desk: 1 year and Technical Support: 1 year
Working at Avasure has been so exciting and each day brings a new set of challenges. As healthcare continues to evolve, it’s great to be part of a team that adapts through adversity as AvaSys continues to grow. At the same time we are providing solutions that help reduce costs to hospitals and prevent patient falls, while keeping our customer service a top priority.
Working for AvaSure combines my love of nursing and technology. I have seen AvaSys in action, and am amazed at how well it works.
Michael Dell said, “Our business is about technology, yes, but it’s also about operations and customer relationships.” Steve Jobs said, “It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people!” As a nurse I want to better lives and healthcare. Where can you find a better way to do that than with technology to help keep loved ones safe, improve healthcare jobs and improve healthcare facilities all at the same time?
I am fortunate to be able to meet my personal goal of doing meaningful work and knowing that it is actually making a real difference in peoples’ lives. AvaSure’s supportive and collaborative culture encourages quality work and customized service which reaches far beyond customer expectations.